Sunday, July 03, 2005

I've become a hermit.

I don't leave the house anymore. Too hot. The mercury has officially hit 100 degrees Farenheit. That would be 37.8 degrees celcius for those who follow that scale. I never would have guessed what heat does to a pregnant body. Last night at 9pm I thought I would perhaps walk the dog. She loves it, and if I chose the treadmill over her she gives me dirty looks. And puts her little paw on her hip and taps her foot. Who wants to deal with a dog with an attitude? But, I checked weather.com and at 9 pm it was still 93 degrees. So, I opted for air conditioning and a dog with an attitude.

I need ribbon for the baby's room. I need to go to Home Depot. I'll wait until Monday when they are open past dark.

The point I am making here is, I've learned that if you do not leave the house you tend to not have a lot to blog about. In fact, you don't have much to think about, either. Just four months ago I had a career and was busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest. Now, I sit. And put my feet up. And blog. And make dinner. And cook, and clean. I feel my mind slowly, slowly turning to mush. I used to close half a million dollar deals, now I get upset when I can't find the pickles in the grocery store. I used to have lunch with VIP's, now I sit like a puppy by the window waiting for my husband to come home for lunch. I used to advise people on important research, now I consult Helouise for advice.

I'm not saying SAHM's don't think. Well, and the fact of the matter is I don't have the "M" part yet, I'm just a SAH nothing until the baby comes. I'm sure once she's here I'll be as busy as heck. What I am saying is if I don't get some stimulation soon then my brain is going to turn to mush and I'm going to have to keep the drool rags around for me and not the baby.

Anybody know any good books?

No comments: