Friday, December 31, 2004

I'm going to be a MOM!

OMG! I am so excited. I've known for two and a half weeks, but we were waiting to tell the folks on Christmas so I didn't want to squeal.

On December 13th, the day before my birthday, I was supposed to start. I woke up that morning and went to the bathroom as usual. I don't know what posessed me to take the test. I had an expired test under the sink and, I guess I figured it was expired so what the heck. Anyway, I took it and IT WAS POSITIVE! I couldn't believe it. I stood there and stared at it for a good two or three minutes. I dug the instructions out of the trash to read again. And again I stared. Finally I decided it wasn't sleep in my eyes or anything I ate that was causing hallucinations. I ran out to the bedroom and showed the stick to Bryan. He had no idea I was taking the test. He said "We're pregnant?" I said Yes, but the test was expired. We didn't want to get too excited until we took a non-expired test. So, we got dressed and went to the store and bought a three pack. They confirmed it!!

Bryan I think was letting it sink in. Well, we both really were. I called the doctor and they said if I came in that morning they could have the test back by the afternoon. I told them I was in Edom, four hours away. They were kind enough to fax the orders to the hospital in Tyler and we went there. By 4pm they called and said "congratulations!".

We're due August 22nd. As of today, I'm 61/2 weeks along.

Holy moly. I can't believe it. Wooooooooooo Hooooooooooooo!

2 comments:

MilkMaid said...

This is such great news!! I've been watching your blog, wondering where you'd been lately.

Take it easy and eat some crackers for that blecky tummy. I duwanna scare you or anything, but I had morning sickness, 24/7 almost the entire 9 months with my first one. M-I-S-E-R-Y. I was SO afraid when I got pregnant with the second one, but I was only sick once, thank goodness.

What an exciting time for you guys.....!!

Carol (Smiles and Laughter) said...

Thanks! We're so excited!!! I hope I don't have morning sickness all 9 months. ACCKKK! :)