Saturday, April 16, 2005

Pregnancy Glow....my ass.

Sorry I've been a bit sparse lately. I've been down in the Houston area looking at houses. I went last week and will be leaving Tuesday to look again this week. I just realized that I need to find a house this week because we need to move into the house in about a month. Yikes! I was sitting around with a ton of time two weeks ago and now I don't know how I'm going to get everything done.

I realized this week as I was looking through my schedule how posh my life is right now. I mean, two months ago when I was working I lost sleep over half a million dollar deals and highly technical research. My schedule consisted of meeting with influential business people and talking about genetic research. I would have 20 things to do and get 19 done. Now I stress when I can't find material to match another material. I'll have 5 things to do and get 2 done. It's rather funny, actually.

So, I thought I would share some random thoughts I've had this week.

1. Pregnancy glow. Everyone says I have it. I think it's just the sweat on the extra skin I have because I am so wide.

2. If you are trying to sell your house it helps if you at least CLEAN the place or VACUUME before showing it. Or at least get the 3 inches of mold off the shower stall. And clean the cat littlerbox so the house doesn't smell like cat pee. Just an idea.

3. Is "original copy" an oxymoron?

4. I'm gaining too much weight! I'm not gaining enough weight! I'm gaining too much weight! I'm not gaining enough! (I admit I'm a little irrational there)

5. Is my stomach bigger? I don't think my stomach is getting bigger...no wait...it's bigger. No, it's not! Maybe the baby isn't growing...yes she is... (this is a daily thought as I analyze my large stomach in a mirror in the morning)

6. I've heard how birds have sex, but I just don't see how that works. It seems complicated. I'm glad I'm not a bird.

7. Why is it developers of new neighborhoods completely tear down beautiful trees and then plant little sticks when the houses are up? I know a lot of trees don't survive the construction, but at least TRY. If they don't survive you can cut them down later. And established trees look so much nicer.

8. Nascar. I don't get it. I don't think anyone will ever be able to explain it to me either. It seems really dumb to me.

9. Maybe its the business background but people who are late really bug me. And people who don't come prepared really bug me, too. I don't care what it's for, important or not. If others are involved be courteous.

That's it. My brain is pretty simple these days.

Question: Feel free to take one or two (or five) of my random thoughts and expand on it. I'm too tired to do it right now.

No comments: