Sunday, November 07, 2004

YAWN!!!

I am SO TIRED.

This weekend we had a church wide garage sale to benefit the youth and their mission trip and church camp this summer. I use the term "we" loosely, as I was the only adult there, with five teenagers. Holy crap! (Well, there was a lot of crap, and it was for the church, so it had to be holy!). We had so much stuff! Twenty six-foot tables were piled 2 feet high with junk. We made $550. which I thought was pretty darn good considering it was on average priced at$0.25. The kids worked their butts off. It's really great to see kids work hard so they can go somewhere and work even harder for someone who needs it. They will be going in June to another town to spend a week reparing houses and building wheelchair ramp for persons who can't afford it or can't physically do it themselves.

I am so sore, though. Which tells me I must be really out of shape, or getting old, or both. I did a lot of lifting heavy things and we moved all twenty tables piled 2 foot high from inside the church to the church parking lot, but still. I should't be sore. Tired, well, I won't beat myself up for that. I worked until late on Friday pricing the junk, and got up at 5:30 Saturday to open the garage sale.

Bryan's parents came down Friday and spent the weekend, too. They brought our niece, Krystal, who lives 2 hours away but participates in the youth activities when she can.

No comments: