Friday, March 25, 2005

It's the Easter Beagle Charlie Brown!

I love Good Friday. Which I know, you are probably thinking is a gruesome thing because it IS the day Christ died. But I think Good Friday services at church are the most meaningful services of the year. Christmas...it's all happy. Easter...happy, too. But good Friday is real. You get to realize the whole story on Good Friday. That's probably why hardly anyone around here goes to church on Good Friday. My church does a service of Tenebrae. They read the story of the crucifiction and extinguish candles for each reading of the passion narrative. Then the Christ candle is extinguished. It's very meaningful.

Then I am going to come home and color Easter Eggs. I realize I'm 32 and my child is -5 months. I like to do this every year, though. I love coloring easter eggs. Maybe because I love eating boiled eggs. Or maybe I just like to create crazy colors then eat them. Easter is such a great holiday. So colorful, so festive. My parents are coming (after a lot of prodding and irritating conversations, but I won't let that damper my mood) and we are going to have a ham dinner. And I made little cupcakes in ice cream cones with green colored coconut on top for grass and little peeps and jelly beans. Like this recipe from Betty Crocker:


only with little peep chicks and jelly beans on top instead of the birthday decor. What can I say? I'm a kid at heart. It looks like the little peeps just laid eggs.

And do you know what's the BEST? It's the EASTER BEAGLE Charlie Brown is on TV tonight, too! Woo Hoo!

Question: What function/holiday do you look forward to every year?

No comments: