Wednesday, March 30, 2005

It's a GIRL!

We had our mid-pregnancy ultrasound today. We found out we are having a girl! Words can't express how amazing it was. Although, honestly, I would have been equally as excited either way. I didn't care if it was a boy or a girl. I was hoping for a healthy baby. (I know that's a cliche but I couldn't be more sincere about it) Today they said everything looks great, which is such a relief. I think I smiled wider when they said "everything looks normal" than when they said "looks like its a girl!".

I have been so apprehensive to embrace this pregnancy, I'm guessing because of the years of disappointments we've had trying to GET pregnant. In the back of my mind I've been thinking "yea, right, we'll see if this time it is really going to take". But today I realized I can relax. We're having a baby!

On the ultrasound I could see fingers and toes, and legs and arms, and a nose and ears, and a heart beating and her spine. It was the most amazing experience I've ever had. She was wiggling a bunch and moving her arms and legs. She looked at one point that she was even sucking her thumb. It made it so easy to see the little person growing inside. So real and so there. I can't wait to hold her in my arms and see her for the first time.

My husband said "It's amazing that those little fingers we saw on the ultrasound will be the same ones that will wrap around my finger and the same one her husband will slip on her wedding ring". I almost, right then and there, lost it. OK, I did lose it.

No comments: