Thursday, February 03, 2005

I have a confession.

I am about to confess something that I am ashamed to admit. Something that I am sure will change the opinions that just about every one of you has for me. I am going to risk this, because I feel it is time to come out of the closet, so to speak. It is something that I've done for years, but I hid it. I'm tired of hiding it. It's time I faced the truth. It is time my friends knew me for who I really am.

I watch Matlock.

Yea, I am only 32. Yes, I realize the demographic for that show is 70-82 years of age. I don't know how I got hooked on it. It just happened. At first it meant nothing. I would watch Little House on the Prairie (You're probably wondering why I'm not embarrassed to admit that one!) and it was on afterward. But then one day I realized as I was looking through the TV Guide that I would make note of when Matlock was on. It has gone downhill from there. I find his cases interesting. The way he solves every one and never has lost. Well, it's like following a super hero! If I watch long enough certainly he will lose a case!

Before now when my husband would walk in the room and I was watching Matlock I would pretend I was surfing the channels. Or, that I was preoccupied with something else and didn't notice it was on. But, yea, it's time. I'm tired of hiding it. The first step is recognizing you have a problem.

Question for the day...What TV show do you watch that you are embarrassed about?

6 comments:

elle said...

Prairie was cool, but Matlock? How could you?? I am a bit of an MTV addict. It is cool when you are younger, but I am a little too old to addicted to the Real World/ Road Rule Challenges, no? It drives my husband crazy. I have been watching MTV since the first video in the 80's. Which was "Video killed the Radio Star" if you were wondering! I won't tell if you won't.
:)

Unknown said...

I suppose you watch Murder, She Wrote too?????? And the Golden Girls??

I have to admit I still watch Saved by the Bell when I come across it.

MilkMaid said...

Count me in on some of the MTV stuff, I watched several of the ones with the gals in college, I forget the name of it.

I LOVE Leave it to Beaver and if I find I Love Lucy, I'm on it.

I've always made fun of MilkMan and his Law and Order addiction, but now I'm about as hooked as he is on it. We watch at least two episodes a night, sad huh?

Hey, what happend to Happy and Blue's blog? I can't get links to work to his blog or to his profile. :(

Adrienne said...

I don't know what happened to H&B! If anyone finds out, let me know. If I don't have my daily dose of Happy and Blue then I'm sad. Sniff. Sniff.

Adrienne said...

Hey! Who's that Adrienne imposter! ROFL!

I watch CHIPS. Okay...not really but I didn't want to be left out.

Frances said...

Well, I have no idea what Matlock is but I'm sure it's very good! I am hooked on the British murder mysteries they show here every Saturday night - Midsomer Murders is my favourite. Aimed at an older demographic than me, (i.e. my mother), but I don't mind.

I also have to admit that I am absolutely hooked on The Apprentice, despite telling everyone that I hate all reality shows.