Friday, February 11, 2005

I'm tired of talking about ME.

Seems like all my blog posts start with "I". I'm sure you are tired of hearing about ME. ME ME ME ME ME.

So, today folks, I'm going to talk about those in my blogroll. I don't have that many. I keep my very favorites over there. I have to REALLY like you to put you there. I visit them every day and rarely visit others, although I'm always open to suggestions of other good blogs.

First there's Happy and Blue. I think everyone knows him. He's a very popular guy. He has probably the most hilarious blog I've ever read. He makes me smile and ponder the meaning of life all at the same time. One day I was reading his blog and laughed so hard my husband was worried about me. Finally five minutes later I squeaked out what I was laughing at. My sister reads HIS every day but mine only when I beg her.

Next, theres Just my Junk. This is my friend Adrienne. She is a rather quiet, sweet lady. She is so considerate of others and has the mothering instinct of a bear. Don't mess with her babies. She's such a great mom. And lady. And friend.

Third is Odd Spot. Deb, now here's another that has the mothering instinct of a bear. She is an incredible mom two two sons with Asperger's syndrome. She has become quite the advocate on autism, and has congressmen coming to HER house. Not her going to them. She is one strong lady. And a great friend.

The next is On the Garden Wall . I can't say I know her well, because I'm new to her blog. But, she has the unique way of eloquently putting her stories so I know exactly what she is saying and feeling at the time. And she's pretty funny, too!

Then on to Rocks and Garbage. Angie got me into blogging in the first place. I think my husband is mad at her about that. And now she's gotten so advanced in her blog that I don't know if we can be friends anymore. (Kidding, Ang!). She is such a neat lady, always with a smile on her face whose caring goes to exponential proportions. She's always thinking of someone else. Probably because she has FOUR kids. (Yes, I counted them).

Next is Spilled Milk. The random thoughts of a Milkmaid. She is such a nice, down to earth lady. So non-judgemental and genuine. Her blog is nice and refreshing.

Last, but not least is True Blue 4Ever. Elle is so poetic, and witty, and writes so well you can tell what she's thinking and feeling. And so nice and sweet, too! I enjoy her blog a lot, probably because I feel like I relate to her a lot. Well, that and she writes so darn well.

**I had to edit this post as I just added another good one....Tidbits, Thingamajigs and Whatchamacallits. I'm new to Frally's too, but she is a good writer. And her mind works much like mine, which is scary.***

So, folks, check these dear people out. And, since I'm looking forward to expanding my blogging world:

Question: What is your favorite blog to visit and why??

12 comments:

Happy and Blue 2 said...

Thanks for mentioning my blog. I like yours too.
I could never pick one favorite blog. I like all the blogs I visit for different reasons.
I do think it would be nice if people got into the habit of not just reading someones posts but leaving a comment. There are blogs I visit that are great with no comments but mine. I'm always afraid that they are going to quit because they think no one notices them anyway. So sad.

Anonymous said...

ok..ok..the guilt. I'm trying to be more wordy but my mind sometimes goes blah on me from time to time. I do visit both blogs, yours and Happy and Blue..ya know why? Because you both make me laugh. And that, my dear siser, is why life is so good.

Cyndi

L said...

hi! Frally sent me

cute blog

k said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Frances said...

Thanks for the nice words about my blog! I found yours through Angie (Rocks and Garbage) - I really like both your styles of writing (didn't realise you knew each other though!).

A blog I suggest you check out is The Anchored Nomad - she is a great writer and her stories are often funny but always well written. http://anchorednomad.blogspot.com

Frances said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
k said...

I couldn't go a day without reading A Little Pregnant.

Her writing is fabulous (regardless of if you can relate to the content). I have, literally, laughed and cried.

Love your site too, of course. :-)

Frally said...

Hi Carol. Cheers for coming over and visiting me and giving my blog props in your post!! Nice one.

I have a lot of favourites too, you'll find them in my blogroll. Cesca's suggestion is a good one. I think you should check out Random Speak as well.

angela marie said...

Carol, you're so sweet (or she's buttering us all up so that she gets great gifts when the baby is born)!

Since many of my favorites are mentioned already (and I have alot of blogs that I regularly read...all in my blogroll) I am going to just lay one out there.

http://www.sothefishsaid.com/index.phpBeth is very funny and always says what is exactly on her mind. Plus she is pregnant and now losing her mind as we all tend to do.

angela marie said...

Carol, you're so sweet (or she's buttering us all up so that she gets great gifts when the baby is born)!

Since many of my favorites are mentioned already (and I have alot of blogs that I regularly read...all in my blogroll) I am going to just lay one out there.

http://www.sothefishsaid.com/index.php

Beth is very funny and always says what is exactly on her mind. Plus she is pregnant and now losing her mind as we all tend to do.

angela marie said...

oops.

I suck.

elle said...

So I was away all weekend, and I have been sitting at the computer since we got back home. I know this because my husband said it under his breath as he went to bed. Whatever!! I'm checking in with the blog gang, and "s" is further down the line. I finally get to you, and I'm thinking of the 1000 times I would like to have gone back and served the zinger in a conversation, and I scroll down to the previous post. And, oh my, I am singled out and bestowed many compliments!! I'm honored, and humbled. And I talked about you this weekend, were your ears ringing?? Only good things of course.

Thanks. You have inspiredd me to keep on writing.

P.S
My lil' sister gave birth to twins this morning! A little early, but they are doing fine!!!

It's been a helluva day!!!
:)