Tuesday, January 04, 2005

I'm headed to Tucson

Tucson, Arizona. Hmmm, is there a song about that place? I guess not. In my head I'm singing "Hotel California" and replacing "Tucson, Arizona". I guess that doesn't fit.

Anyway, yearly we have sales meetings and this year it is in Tucson. And, I'm going to sound like a spoiled brat here, but Tucson is a downer. Not to insult anyone who lives there. But, I've been with this company for almost 5 years now, and they've sent us to Maui, Hawaii twice, Puerto Rico once, and well, even Boca Raton, FL was better than Tucson. The temperatures there are going to be even colder than they are at home. But, alas, I shouldn't gripe.

Usually it's a fun time. People get together, drink on the company dollar, learn a lot and have a good time doing it. Every year on the last night we have an awards ceremony where we dress up in semi-formals and have a dance. (as a side note, Bryan has a big problem with this, being they don't allow spouses on these trips. I see his point. And there DOES tend to be a lot of hanky-panky that goes on. It's sad that people can't be responsible adults and still have fun). Last year the last night I literally stayed up all night and drank way too much. As a team builder we made "movies" based on old movies and adding our own scripts. We were "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid". We actually changed it to "Bitch" Cassidy and I was "Bitch". It was a blast. Then the hotel TV played all of them on their courtesy channel. So, we drank and chatted until 2am, then about 6 of us went to my room to watch the movies until 6am. Of course I won't be doing that this year, being prego.

Honestly, I think I'm getting to another phase in my life. A phase where I'm ready to settle down, forget the traveling, get past the selfish "me" phase, and stay at home on Saturday nights taking care of little ones and watching movies I get from Netflix. Good thing, too, considering I'm pregnant and going to be cutting our income by a very, very considerable amount. We'll be lucky to afford Netflix. (OK, not that bad. lol.) I'm sure my contentness to sit my fat white butt on the sofa won't last. When the kids get older we'll be active. I'm just not the type to sit around. I still have a "list" of things I want to do in life before I die. But, I'm ready to put the list away for a few years.

No comments: