My weekday living quarters is an apartment. I am on the bottom floor of a three story apartment complex. It isn't the MOST expensive apartment you could find in Houston, but it isn't a hole either. It's respectable, clean, has nice facilities, and I don't think anyone has been murdered here.
My upstairs neighbors, however, never sleep. I'm sure of it. I hear them at 6am, 3 in the afternoon, and WAY more often than I'd like to at 2 or 3 in the wee hours of the morning. I think they have a love-hate relationship. I hear them fighting. A LOT. But I also hear a squeaky-squeaky noise that makes me think they are getting along quite well, and gives me nightmares all at the same time.
Many nights, however, I can only speculate what they are doing, the noises are too weird.
Here are my neighbor's top ten things they seem to like to do from the noises I hear at 2am.
10. Play Twister with small elephants
9. Invite the entire Boston Marathon participats to practice running in their megar 800 square feet.
8. Have a seance to extract the evil spirits out of their spaghetti-o's.
7. Cook vegetables in the shower
6. Do the entire Richard Simmons workout tape from start to finish. With roller skates on.
5. Try their hand at bowling using a frozen cornish game hen and 10 glass beer bottles.
4. Have a Jewish wedding ceremony.
3. Watch Titanic over and over until they sob uncontrollably.
2. Practice to play opposite Paris Hilton in the next controversial Paris Hilton video.
The number one thing?
Screaming at the top of their lungs
I think I'm just reliving my college years. When I was in college I lived in some pretty crappy places because they were cheap. I've stayed in a few hotels that were not so nice because my company's travel department didn't know what they were doing, too.
Now, the poll question: What is the worst place you have ever had to live or stay?