Saturday, January 01, 2005

My dog is mad at me.

She's mad. She won't speak to me.

Two reasons really. First, at Christmas I gave my sister this Kermit the Frog doll. Not that she's 7 or 8 years old or anything. She's 35. But we both love the muppets and because she's single we're always joking that Kermit is her prince. So, I got her a Kermit doll.

We started goofing around with this thing, taking pictures. Then Casey, the dog, became the object of the pictures with Kermit. It was probably one of those things that you had to be there for, but we laughed, and laughed, and laughed.


Casey and Kermie Posted by Hello

That was just the start of it. You see She's lost a lot of weight. Her sister died in April, and shortly after that she was diagnosed as being in the beginning stages of renal failure. She is now on a low-protein diet. Which, thank goodness, is helping her renal issues. But the combination of the depression from her sister and the new food, she's lost about 3 or 4 pounds. And she's only a 15 pound dog to begin with.

And, to top it all off, Bryan likes to keep the place cold. He is always hot. But poor Casey, now that she has no fat on her, likes it warm. So, she shivers.

Which leads up to the second reason she's mad at me. I bought her a sweater. She hates it. And I'll be the first to admit she does look stupid. And to make it worse Wal-mart had ONE sweater left and it looks like a BOY sweater. I wasn't about to drive 20 more miles to get to petsmart to look for a girl sweater. I've never been one to like those things on the dog. Dogs do like their dignity. I don't care what people say.

So, now she won't look at me. Except to give me a dirty look. I swear dogs can give dirty looks.

No comments: